SOMA 2018 O&M Conference
Saturday-Tuesday, December 8-11, 2018
Hilton Tampa Airport Westshore
2225 N Lois Ave, Tampa, Florida, 33607
Innovation and Exploration in O&M!
Want to learn how to incorporate new teaching techniques and technology into your O&M lessons? Interested in learning about new and innovative ideas in the field of O&M? Want to leave a conference feeling invigorated and energetic?
The Call for Papers is out now -- we want YOU to come and share! The deadline is April 15 -- click here for more information.
Well, have we got the conference for you!
Southeastern Orientation and Mobility Association (SOMA) is planning a FANTASTIC 2018 conference December 8-11 in beautiful Tampa, Florida.
Want you brain filled with new ways to serve individuals with visual impairments?
Please make plans to join us to exchange ideas and explore innovations in O&M.
$185 Early bird until October 12, 2018
The $185 Early-Bird or $225 Regular registrations include:
$225 Regular registration after October 12th
$75 One-day registration
$85 Student Volunteer Registration
The One-Day $75 Registration includes:
- A full program of O&M workshops and presentations (all ACVREP-approved).
- Access to all exhibits of O&M-related products and services
- Receptions and any meals provided throughout the conference
The $85 Student Volunteer Registration includes:
- Conference sessions for one day
- Access to all exhibits of O&M-related products and services available that day
- Any meals provided that day
Call for Volunteers:
- Access to all activities and meals provided for full-registration attendees, when a minimum of 2 volunteer hours are provided for SOMA either before, during, or after the conference.
Want to help with conference planning or logistics? We're in search of energetic volunteers to help make SOMA 2018 a success. If you have energy, we need you! Specifically, we're looking for help in these areas:
If you'd like to get involved or get more information, contact Eileen Bischof.
If you're willing, we'd love your help!
- volunteer coordinator
- planning of local activities for attendees
- acquisition and coordination of vendors
- general help with tasks before, during, and after the conference
Please contact Eileen Bischof at email@example.com if you want to volunteer.
SOMA 2018 Conference Committee:
Eileen Bischof, Co-Chair
Mickey Damelio, Co-Chair
Mary Phagan-Kean, Registration
Dona Sauerburger, Program
Photos above are from the 2016 SOMA in Chattanooga (all in History page):
(left to right): Exhibitors' Hall; Diane DeLange and Okono Okono on Blindfold Walk with street-crossing card;
Participants in session skyping with presenter in Japan; Innovations -- CoBi 7-person bike and Dakota Disk cane tip; Opening general session: SOMA Celebration