Call for Papers
SOMA's interactive traditon!
"Tell me and I forget, teach me and I may remember, involve me and I learn"
This quote, often attributed to Benjamin Franklin, captures our 2022 theme, following a SOMA tradition introduced by Janet Barlow.
So this year, each session will be interactive and engage the participants.
We're not just talking about Q&As, inviting comments or watching videos, but having each participant getting actively involved.
So as you put together your ideas for us to consider, think of how you can involve your participants, such as
If you can think of other ways to make our sessions interactive, please let us know and we'll add them!
- asking them to figure out how they could apply what they just learned to their work, or share examples that illustrate what you're talking about, or brainstorm solutions.
- letting them pair up in twos or threes to discuss something for a few minutes and then share with the group.
- designing a "feet in the street" session where they go to a site you've selected for their activities.
- having hands-on activities to experience what you're talking about.
- doing a "Make & Take" session.
Links to submit your proposal / idea
Deadline May 15, 2022
We hope to have the proposals selected by June 1 and ask presenters if they can commit to coming, and confirm the program by mid-June.